I used to have a hard time spelling that word, until my mother taught me a little trick:
There's a LIE in beLIEf
That got me thinking about what I believe in, and if I was really lying to myself about it. However, my fall from grace started long before that...
When I was 5 years old, I was over at my cousins house and the movie Batman was playing on TV. I don't remember any of the plot, but I do remember that whoever the villain was had brainwashed a bunch of people, and he was standing in front of this crowd who were repeating everything he said.
The first thought in my 5 year old mind was, "They must be at church."
Such a simple mistake for a 5 year old to make, but that thought has managed to stick with me all these years.
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My BeLIEf ended when we learned about resurrection in CCD. My little sister tried to walk out in front of a car because if she died, she could come back to life and be fine. When my parents took us to talk to the priest, they wanted him to tell her that she should be careful and not walk in front of cars. That she could die and not come back. They refused to tell her this, because after all if Jesus could do it, there was a possibility that she could resurrect. Needless to say we did not return to that church. Thank goodness my sister is ok.
ReplyDelete